Connecting several monitors with your laptop can make your life easier.😀
You can see all the data of different tabs or sheets on a single screen in front of you.
It was an old time when you were able to connect only one screen with your computer.
But, now, the advanced technologies allow you to connect as many monitors as there are ports.
It all depends upon the graphic card how many ports your laptop or computer has.
If there is only one HDMI port, you can use VGA and DVI ports as well.
Now, let’s Know How to connect three monitors to a laptop at the same time.
Can I Connect 3 Monitors to a Laptop?
Yes, you can connect several monitors with your laptop with the help of cables.
Your PC must have an excellent graphic card. Modern laptops have so many ports like HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort, and DVI.
All of these ports allow you to connect various monitors with the help of different cables.
Can I Connect 3 Monitors to a Laptop with Docking Station?
If your laptop doesn’t have a graphic card or only one port, you must buy a docking station for connection.
A Docking station is a device that has several ports to connect three or more monitors with your computer.
On the other hand, it has a port for computers to connect three monitors with computers.
If your laptop has only one HDMI port, you can try a docking station for connection.
How to Connect 3 Monitors to a Laptop?
Before going to the market to buy three monitors for your PC, make sure to read these points carefully.
- First of all, check out the graphic card of your laptop.
- Write down the ports number and their types on paper.
- If there are HDMI, VGA, DVI, or DisplayPort, you can buy monitors for connection.
- If there are only one or two ports, then you must buy a docking station. By using docking, you can connect more than three monitors.
- How many cables do you have in your home for connection? It would be best if you had all types of cables for connecting monitors and laptops.
Process of Connecting Monitors to a Laptop
- First of all, buy all the products that you need for connection.
- Set up the monitors in a row on your table.
- Now, take an HDMI cable and connect it to your laptop or docking.
- Repeat the process according to your graphic card and cables and connect all of them with your computer.
- If you are using a docking station, you must connect all the cables of monitors in the docking.
- A special cable will be there in the box to connect the laptop with docking for connection between laptop and monitors.
Set Up Your Computer
When you connect everything, turn on your system.
- It’s time to form a multi-set-up monitor.
- Go to the display and screen resolution to set up several monitors.
- Click identify, and all your monitors will appear on your laptop in numbered icons.
- There is an option of multiple displays; click it and choose to extend these displays.
- Drag the numbered icons and attach them to other monitors that appear on the PC.
- Click OK, and all your settings will be saved.
You have successfully connected three monitors with your laptop.
Some Thing You Must Want To Read
Now you can do all your work on a big screen. Everything is a touch away. Start using your monitors and enjoy working.
You will indeed feel comfortable and happy. On the other hand, you can connect more than three monitors with your PC.
In the end, I must suggest you work with a break because the combo of three devices at the same place can slow down your system.
Articles You Might Be Interested In
Ehtesham Shehzad is a 24-year-old Blogger. He is a Tech-Enthusiast & Software Engineer and currently doing Masters in Computer Science & Networking from the University Of Pisa Italy.