Many people wonder if the gaming monitor they are looking at has speakers. There are many different models of monitors that offer speakers, some that only have Built-In Speakers and others that include external speakers.
An important thing to consider before purchasing a monitor is how you will be using the monitor. If you plan on having your monitor in a room with an entertainment center, then an external speaker would be best for you.
Do Gaming Monitors Have Speakers?
The gamers prefer to play their games on a monitor with speakers because it feels more immersive and adds realism to the game.
You can hear the sound effects and music and your character’s voice while playing.
As monitors get larger, they can house speakers in them already, so you do not need external ones.
Here is a comprehensive guide of the benefits and drawbacks of monitors with speakers.
Advantages Of Having A Gaming Monitor With Speakers
A monitor provides many conveniences with speakers since it frees up space on a desk or table and allows you to be more organized.
- It also saves money for people who have speakers and are willing to buy a monitor that has speakers.
- It also frees up space for other types of items placed on your table or desk. Most people place their monitors in front of them, so it looks less cluttered when you put your speakers in front of the monitor.
- It also saves time from adjusting both volume levels. When the volume for game sound is too low or too high, it is time-consuming to adjust and set the monitor’s volume every time you play a game.
- A gaming monitor with speakers will make your gaming experience better.
- The speakers will help you hear better in the game, so you have a clear understanding of what’s going on.
- You can play your games without having to worry about the sound coming from the audio jack.
- Most importantly, it will help make all those crucial battle sounds more intense and realistic.
- Some of the advantages of this type of monitor are that it combines both visual and audio work into one device, making multitasking much easier for gamers.
- Another significant advantage of having a gaming monitor with speakers is improving audio quality. When you are watching movies, they won’t seem as clear and crisp as when played on their own. However, when playing your favorite games, you will be able to hear everything easier than ever before.
Disadvantages Of Having A Gaming Monitor With Speakers
There are also not many disadvantages with this type of monitor since there is not much that people need to be concerned about when buying one because they function as both monitors and speakers.
Having speakers in a monitor should be a given. But it’s not so easy to have them at the same time. The speakers make the screen dark, which is not good for gaming.
And in turn, this would make your PC performance degrade over time. With that said, we don’t need speakers in monitors.
For starters, they’ll make the black bars on either side of the screen disappear and ruin your perfect gaming experience with dark blacks when playing dark games like Dark siders III or Dark Souls Remastered.
Apart from that, you’ll need a headphone jack on your display to use your speakers as a monitor. That will mean having an extra cable running from your PC to your monitor.
It’s also worth mentioning that many monitors with speakers offer those speakers to accommodate a wider audience, which means the target market here is usually casual gamers who are likely to enjoy music while playing and would prefer not to use headphones all the time.
So, you may be thinking: “Well, I already have a monitor with speakers, and I don’t care about using them, I just want the audio from my game”.
That’s possible. You can set your display to output only the audio from your computer in-game without any problems. However, this won’t work for games that use Steam or Origin overlay.
Gaming Monitors are a great way to enjoy the worlds you play in. Whether it is racing games, shooters, or even RPGs, these monitors can provide hours of entertainment.
There are many different types of monitors on the market, so you have many options to choose from. And for those who enjoy both gaming and music or movies, gaming monitors have speakers, which might be a bonus.
A gaming monitor is a good way to save some space on your desk and get a more immersive experience while playing your favorite games.
Sure, you may miss out on the sound from speakers, but if you’re looking for an affordable option that offers more portability, these are great.
Ehtesham Shehzad is a 24-year-old Blogger. He is a Tech-Enthusiast & Software Engineer and currently doing Masters in Computer Science & Networking from the University Of Pisa Italy.