The Xbox One has released an app that connects your laptop with your Xbox One. This will allow you to use your laptop instead of the monitor, TV for Xbox gaming.
“Xbox Console Companion” is the new app that connects laptops to Xbox, meaning it can be used as a second monitor. This can also be done by connecting them with an HDMI cable.
Can I Use My Laptop As A Monitor For Xbox One?
If you have an HDMI cable, the answer is yes! If you’re looking to upgrade your gaming experience with a larger screen than your TV, this type of setup may be just what you need.
All you need to do is connect your laptop, and Xbox One with a new app Microsoft has developed.
How Do I Connect My Laptop And Xbox One With An HDMI Cable?
Connecting a laptop and Xbox One with an HDMI cable can be a simple process, but follow a few steps.
To connect your laptop and Xbox One with an HDMI cable
- Insert the one end of your HDMI cable into your Xbox.
- Plug the other side of your HDMI cable into your laptop.
- Switch on your Xbox and wait.
- Your laptop should now be connected to your Xbox.
- Turn it on and start playing your favorite game on your laptop monitor.
How Do I Use The New App Microsoft Has Developed?
Many people are asking how to connect their Xbox with a laptop. Fortunately, there are many ways that this can be done.
Here are the steps to use Windows 10 to connect your Xbox with your laptop
- From your computer, launch the Xbox Console Companion software.
- Connect your device to Xbox One.
- Select the Portal symbol on the left (it looks like a little Xbox One), and choose Xbox.
- From now on, the Xbox app will connect to your Xbox One automatically, so long as your device is on.
If you have an HDMI cable and Xbox Console Companion software, you can use your laptop to monitor your console. Remember, this won’t allow you to play on your TV screen while using your laptop as a Monitor for your console.
Article you might be interested:
Ehtesham Shehzad is a 24-year-old Blogger. He is a Tech-Enthusiast & Software Engineer and currently doing Masters in Computer Science & Networking from the University Of Pisa Italy.