Benq el2870u is no doubt a performer! Having a 4k display makes it a perfect fit for gaming and movies.
While doing the BenQ el2870u Review, we noticed that it is underrated with huge potentials like other brands such as Asus, Acer, and Samsung.
Benq EL2870u Review
- 🔰3 Year Manufacturer Warrant
- 🔰 built-in speakers x 2,
- 🔰Technology: Hdmi 2
- 🔰High resolution 4K monitor:
it also won several awards among other competitors in 2019 and 2020 and has made iconic recognition.
However, if you are looking for a Best 4k Monitor With Built-In Speakers, then this product would be an excellent monitor for you.
Let’s start with the Full Review!😃
Features That You Will Love In This 4k Monitor
- It has a sleek design that provides HD resolution.
- You will get eye comfort technology to prevent rays and radiation from coming out from the 4K screen cabinet.
- It has an affordable price that beginners and professionals can use.
- Well-balanced image quality for gaming and streaming online.
- Matte-black cabinet that gives an attractive appearance.
Why Only Benq EL2870u Among Others?
This product’s updated version has several innovative internal components that stand out for immersive viewing experience and performance.
If you think that they lack premium features because of the affordable price, then you are wrong.
Monitor Mega has reviewed it and concluded that this product is ideal for video gaming and other multi-tasking and obtaining high-grade components.
On the other hand, the thickness of the stand provides reasonable support on your desk. You will feel even more confident after getting a VESA mount.
Let’s jump into the specifications to know more technical features about it!🤩
Screen Size 28 inches Display Technology LCD HD Resolution Technology 4K UHD 2160p Aspect Ratio 16:9 Screen Resolution 3840 x 2160 px Item Weight 12.57 pounds Product Dimensions 19 x 3 x 26 inches Color Metallic Grey Power Source AC Voltage 120 volts Response Time 1ms GTG VESA Mounting Compatible Refresh Rate 60 Hz Panel Type TN
Convenient & Easy To Carry Design
The appearance of this 4K monitor is similar to other products of Benq, which is not a point of criticism.
Its wide viewing angle is reliable for professional gaming or to improve your editing skills.
The range of adjustability is limited to tilt only, and you will not get any height adjustability in it.
Furthermore, Its bezel-free cabinet ensures maximum resolution for a superior user experience.
The stand’s durability is outstanding, and its stand comes with a pre-assembling option that you can assemble with one thumbscrew only.
The reason for the pre-installing option is VESA mounting compatibility which is a need of some customers.
Innovative Features You Will Love
This Benq brand model has a basic set of HDMI & VGA ports that you can use for a multi-monitor setup.
These HDMI ports’ configuration is located conveniently behind the screen display, which is hard to set up.
Manufacturers have installed the latest technology of TN panels in it that provide Ultra High Definition color quality. It has an aspect ratio of 16:9, which is reasonable for a seamless viewing experience.
The best thing that you will love about the budget monitors of Benq is FreeSync technology which is perfect for gaming.
You will operate a convenient interface to set the options according to your ideal setup.
Avoid spending your valuable money on external speakers and enjoy its built-in speakers that deliver dynamic sound for video streaming and gaming.
Out of budget?🤔
Check out these 4k monitors under $300, and make a reliable purchase for yourself.😉
Multiple Screen Settings Of Benq EL2870u
You are getting a good selection of accurate colors with this model.
Moreover, the settings of color, sharpness, and color temperature are also great.
Have a look at other features that you will get in addition to high-quality colors:
- It has 10 picture modes such as HDR, Blue Light, Cinema HDR, and many more.
- You can connect it with a laptop screen.
- It prevents eye strain and fatigue with the help of a blue light filter.
- This monitor has an HDR emulation option that you can use to improve contrast and color saturation.
- You will get auto HDR mode in it, which is activated when it detects a true HDR source.
- It has ambient light sensors that adjust the brightness automatically.
How Much Range Of Color Does It Provide?
The color testing has shown a little bit of variation in the process of several tests.
The color accuracy of the red color in the RGB formula is not well aligned as compared to others.
Nonetheless, it is still better than vertically aligned monitors and stands perfect in the list of Eye Strain Monitors.
But as a normal user, these points will not disturb your immersive user experience unless you decide to use it for 4K video editing.
But as a matter of fact, you are still getting vibrant colors for streaming online and playing games.
In simple words, the color coverage for high-end gaming is not preferable. You can opt for VA monitors in case of professional gaming.
The reason is the installation of the TN panel in it, which we think is reasonable if you compare its price.
Consumption Of Power
The most significant factor is the consumption of power that a gaming monitor uses to maintain decent color coverage.
This 4k monitor will consume 30 watts in standard mode and 17 watts in eco-friendly mode.
Resolution Power At Affordable Price
While reaching this point in the Benq EL2870u review, you might notice that this 4k everyday monitor is already offering so much.
Plus Point is;😃
You are getting a faster response time that prevents lagging for gaming and fast-motion videos. On the other hand, the color reproduction is good but not suitable for photographers and vloggers.
Quick Roundup Of This Benq EL2870u Review
If you are looking for a 4k monitor at an affordable price, then BenQ el2780u will be a good fit for you.
It has FreeSync adapted technology that prevents lagging and visual disruption and ensures an immersive user experience.
The durability of this product is long-lasting. It has reasonable adjustability options that you can use for VESA mounting.
Things To Consider In The 4K Monitor With Built-In Speakers
Buying a 4K monitor for multitasking might be difficult at first, but your purchase could be successful if you have reasonable knowledge.
Have a look at some factors that we evaluated step by step for you:
- Always choose a bigger size for 4K purposes in terms of aspect ratio and length.
- Identify types of panel technology used in UHD monitors; TN, IPS, and IGZO. Identify your need and opt for the best one.
- If you are a beginner, then the TN panel will be a good fit for your everyday needs.
- Check the accuracy of colors; Better color accuracy leads to a high-profile experience. Make sure that the product you are choosing is suitable for your eye.
- Make sure that the monitor you are buying has eye comfort technology to prevent headaches and fatigue.
- Don’t forget to analyze the refresh rate; because it is an important consideration. An ideal 4k monitor has at least a 60Hz refresh rate.
- Avoid slower response times because they will interrupt the user experience. Make sure that your monitor’s response time is between 1ms to 4ms.
Some Frequently Asked Questions By The Users
1. How many Hz is the BenQ EL2870U?
BenQ El2870u has a 60 Hz refresh rate which is reasonable for gaming and video editing. Its super-fast response time eliminates lagging and provides a smooth user experience.
2. Is 60Hz good for gaming?
60 Hz is more than enough for gaming and video editing unless that game you are playing demands 4K graphic compatibility.
3. What does FreeSync mean?
FreeSync stands for adaptive synchronization technology, which is used for gaming. This technology is used to maintain the balance of variable refresh rates by eliminating stuttering and lagging.
Ehtesham Shehzad is a 24-year-old Blogger. He is a Tech-Enthusiast & Software Engineer and currently doing Masters in Computer Science & Networking from the University Of Pisa Italy.